Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tutu

I just recently ran across this picture and wanted to include it on my blog. I made this tutu last year, 2008 for Em's first birthday in Feb. 2009. We had pictures of her taken in the tutu and our photographer made photo invitaions for her party. It was a"princess" theme and thought what is "princess-y" than a tutu?! I had to make a couple in order to get the waist measurment right but it was worth it. I gave the first one to our photographer (Jenny White Photography-check her out at jennywhitephoto.photoreflect.com!) to use in her photo shoots. For Em's tutu I used pink, purple, and white tulle, alternating each color. Once I tied all the tulle on, I wrapped the waist with purple ribbon and tied it a bow to give it a more finished look. I wanted to jazz it up a bit more so I also glued small purple "jewels" in the layers of the tulle. I loved the way it turned out and look forward to making more tutus!

No comments:

Post a Comment